|The District Office will be closed the entire week of July 1-5 |
July 1st - 3rd - All email and phone lines will be down District wide for technical/server upgrades
July 4th - Holiday
July 5th - Summer Office Closure
Summer Reading Partnership
The Children's Department of the Montrose Regional Library and the Montrose County School District RE-1J recognize the critical importance of summer reading and summer learning and are pleased to work together to provide programs and encouragement for families and students to stay connected with books and stories during the summer vacation.
The primary goals of the partnership include the following:
- to motivate children and families to engage in summer reading and summer learning during May, June, July and August
- to enable children to maintain their reading skills during summer vacation
- to urge families of pre-readers to read to their children and participate in a variety of language-rich activities, including the Montrose Regional Library's story times
- to educate parents about the phenomenon known as "summer regression" or "summer learning loss" and its effect on their children's educational achievement
- to promote reading for pleasure and to develop positive attitudes about reading and books
- to promote the use of Montrose Regional Library and MCSD RE-1J school site library resources throughout the summer
- to involve the community as widely as possible in an effort to focus on summer reading
Click HERE for a printable version of the reading log.
"Sweet Memories" Yearbooks!
Our 2012-2013 Yearbooks are here!
Get yours before they are all gone.
We have a limited supply.
The price is $10.00 and they are available in the office.
(Play the “Where’s the Sock Monkey” game. Find a sock monkey that is hidden on one of the pages of the book, show it to anyone in the office and you will be entered to win your money back on your yearbook.).
21st Century will offer summer programs during the month of June. Classes will be at Centennial Middle School and will take place Mondays through Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon. Breakfast and lunch are included in the fees. Activities are available for all students entering grades 1-8 in the fall of 2013. A description of classes, along with the registration form, will be sent home with all grade school students. Look for it on bright green paper. Please feel free to call Diane Brueske at 209-1358 for more information.
We are partnering with the Montrose Recreation District who will provide programs for students in the afternoons. Those who are registered for both programs will be able to be transitioned from one program to the other at Centennial to give families a full-day option.
Click HERE for a printable version of the registration form.
If you are interested in providing input regarding your child's class placement next year, please click HERE to access an online form. This document will allow you to give us information regarding your child's learning style to help with teacher placement for the 2013-2014 school year.
Please click HERE to see the most recent newsletter.